Stomach Ache is also commonly known as Abdominal Pain. Normally every person at any stage passes through stomach ache. It’s difficult to determine what the main reason of abdominal is or stomach pain. In most of the cases, it’s just for a short time period that can be treated easily however it can also be a sign of serious illness. But when you are suffering from it, you just want to know how to get rid of a stomach ache, well before diagnosing it, it’s important to determine what the main causes of that pain are.
Causes of Stomach Ache:
With too many types it’s not easy to know what’s wrong but some main causes of stomach pain are:
Indigestion: It’s the most common cause of stomach pain. After eating a meal if you feel uncomfortable or some kind of sensation in your stomach it’s dyspepsia or indigestion.
- Gallstones: They are the solid material that abnormally formed in the gallbladder (small organ below the liver). Gallstones can cause severe pain and blockage of the duct in the intestine. They can also cause swallowing. They cause pain in the right upper side of the abdomen.
- Pancreatic Inflammation: It is also known as Pancreatitis and the most common cause of this disease is alcohol consumption or gallstones.
- Food Poisoning: It is also a common cause of stomach pain. Food poisoning or food allergies become life threatening sometimes. It’s the illness caused by toxins in foods or bacteria.
- Gas: It is produced by food which we eat and usually get released by Burping and Flatulence. But sometimes it builds up in the stomach which can cause pain.
- Hernia: It occurs when fatty tissue pushes through a weak spot. It can happen to anyone and it’s risk-free in most cases. It’s mostly caused by weakness of muscles.
- Appendicitis: It is caused by inflammation and elongation of appendix tube which extends from the large intestine. It has no function in the body to do and everyone can live without it.
- Endometriosis: In this, the tissues which normally grows inside uterus grows outside of it. It can damage reproductive organs of women and can cause severe pain.
- Gastroenteritis: It is caused by a bacterial infection which results in vomiting and diarrhea.
- Medication: No medicine or drug is without side effects sometimes medication can also cause stomach pain.
- Gluten: It is normally found in wheat and barley etc. Some people are very sensitive to it. It can cause damage to the small intestine. Gluten Intolerance is also known as Celiac disease.
- Some other things that can even cause abdominal pain are Ulcers, Thyroid Problems, Kidney Stones, Excreting Problems, Lactose Intolerance, Diverticulitis, Parasites, too many Sugarless gums, Stress and Cancer.
Harmful Symptoms of Abdominal Pain:
Sometimes Abdominal Pain can cause some serious issues in such cases it should be taken serious and you should consult doctor immediately such as:
- Blood in Stool.
- Blood in Vomit.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Pain during Pregnancy.
- Painful urination.
- Pain from a long time.
- Vomiting and Dehydration.
Treatments for Stomach Ache:
In most cases, Stomach Pain can be treated easily. Some of the easy steps you can use to treat stomach pain are:
- Try ginger water, vinegar, mint tea and soda.
- Try to use rice water (water left after cooking rice) it can relieve inflammation.
- Eat easy to digest food because your body need nutrients and vitamins to recover quickly from stomach pain. Prefer to eat cracker, bread, rice etc and avoid spicily and sugar filled things.
- Vomiting and other things can cause dehydration while stomach pain so prefers to drink clean water.
- Avoid Drugs and Alcohols it can cause more damage.
- Before taking any type of medicine prefers to take some rest it can cause relief.